For many accounting teams running Microsoft Dynamics GP, the year-end process really drags down the team. So how can we manage and avoid these year-end struggles next time we have to close the books?
Create a Year-End Team Committee and schedule a POST-year-end virtual or in-person lunch and learn meeting. A lot of GP users don’t realize you can reference Microsoft’s Dynamics GP documentation online now. Start by reviewing the following links together and then start planning for next year-end!
- Microsoft Dynamics GP documentation for year-end updates
- Microsoft’s documentation for year-end closing procedures
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Payroll year-end closing procedures if applicable:
- Review current year-end processes and timeline
- Discuss lessons learned and brainstorm on creating further efficiencies
- Create a Lessons Learned log for your team’s future reference
- Update your overall GP closing checklist and timeline
- Create or update a Year-End Procedure book
- Review it with your extended team, and ask for their input
- Make a Year-End folder so your team can access it easily
Close your Post-Year-End committee meeting by confirming if there are outstanding Tasks for any immediate follow-ups:
Tasks for Follow Up
Lastly, schedule your next Year-End Team committee meeting to start back up for the beginning of Q3
Have you lapsed on your maintenance or feel unsupported by your current Dynamics GP partner? Feel free to give us a call at 855.913.3228 or fill out our simple web form, we would love to talk to you about your situation and get you back on track with the support your business needs!