It’s no doubt that cloud based technology is the future of software. Microsoft has definitely taken notice to this trend. In response, they have offered some key, industry leading platforms to CRM online users at NO additional cost. Those with CRM on premise can still take advantage of these tools, but will have to pay extra to do so.
Currently, with a Professional license for CRM online you receive access rights to the following:
- InsideView Insights (see figure 1)
- Helps you make quick work of prospecting, connecting, and best of all closing, by leveraging real time high quality company data. Never miss an opening with Insight; the platform will highlight mutual acquaintances, past employers you have in common, or schools you both attended
- Social Engagement (minimum of 10 Professional CRM licenses; see figure 2)
- Places powerful social tools in the hands of your sales, marketing, and service teams—helping them to gain insight into how people feel about your business and to proactively connect on social media with customers, fans, and critics.
- Unified Service Desk (minimum of 10 Professional CRM licenses; see figure 3)
- Consolidates numerous communication channels (such as phone, chat, email, and social media) and relevant services within the CRM interface to enable greater efficiency and productivity
If you meet the requirements mentioned above, I would ask that you pause for a moment before getting overly excited. Remember, you have the “right to access” these fantastic add on products, but you first need to request that they be activated. After this step you need to implement the product and then train your users on how to take advantage of the added functionality provided.
This is where our Team at Alta Vista Technology comes in. Our experts can help you and your business truly realize your investment in CRM. Whether you choose online or on-premise, just make sure you choose Alta Vista Technology as your partner!